Yesterday I picked up a selection of leaves from the huge pile deposited by the giant Acer in the middle of our garden. The leaves are large, papery and inevitably takes ages to clear at this time of year. I tried to select some with a variety of colours and shapes but my primary aim was to print with them.
This version was printed with acrylic paint, embossing powder in places and then painted with koh-i-nor dyes. I like the way the dye runs into the channels of the veins.
This version is much more delicate – mainly printed with the koh-i-nor which gives that lovely watery effect. A few gold acrylic leaves printed on top, again with a touch of embossing powder. I think this would make a lovely fabric, but I didn’t even consider making it a repeating pattern. Instead I am going to use this large piece to make some pages for my next book of the month.